June 23 2020

Summer Work and Zoom Meetings

Hey Everybody-

The summer is upon us, the outlook for the fall is still unclear, but we are still going forward as if everything is on.  The main idea that I’d like to get across to everyone is that I want the work that we are doing to be helpful in our pursuit to becoming better musicians, establishing healthy relationships, and setting and achieving goals.  If we pursue these exercises and assignments as moving towards these goals, then we will be successful even if school is cancelled, and South Carolina is washed off the map due to an overly active hurricane season.  We hope that none of these things happen, of course, but want you to realize that the work you are doing is meaningful and relevant, regardless of the success of our marching band season.

So, details:

1. Due to work schedules, summer plans, etc, we will not be doing any more recurring Zoom meetings until further notice, so please disregard the June 29 & 30, and July 6, 7, and 13, 14 scheduled meetings.  The 13th and 14th are going to be in-person rehearsals.  I have asked students to replace the time we would have spent on these meetings with time with their sections, either virtually or in person, depending on what works best for you and your families.  This time can also be spent working on assignments.  ( I should have some show music in your hands soon!)
  2. There are a few assignments that were sent out by Mr. Lambert here.  In that document, he lays out the assignments and google classroom codes for turning in the assignments.  There is a little bit more clarification on the Wando Percussion Google Classroom page.  Please email me if you have any trouble logging into the class or the Google Doc.  Handel@WandoBands.org
  3. We are still at the mercy of National and State officials when it comes to rehearsals, but we are still planning to move forward with our plan, and will let you know as soon as we know anything that is counter to that.
  4. Make sure that you are signed up for the Wando Band Remind, as well as the Drumline or Pit specific reminds.  Again, email me if you have any trouble or do not know the codes.
  5. For non-percussion folks joining us in the Pit, check out the Wando Exercises link to the right of this post.  Most of the exercises can be played on keyboard, or have a “piano” specific part.  Start working through these exercises so we can start to put them all together as soon as we meet in person.
  6. Lastly, stay safe and healthy!  We cannot wait to see you all in person!

Handel

Posted June 23, 2020 by wandopercussion in category Uncategorized